Although I was gifted a Quell device to test, I was not paid for this blog post. Opinions are completely my own and I have not been influenced by the company for the following statements.
Over the past 15 years since my Lupus diagnosis, I’ve met countless men and women suffering from chronic, incurable diseases who are struggling through each day because of pain. For many of us, chronic pain is a thief that slowly takes away so many things from our life – joy, laughter, feeling good, sleep, relationships, work, exercise, etc. It’s hard to keep up with simple activities of daily living when you cannot focus on anything but pain, and if you are a chronic illness patient, you have probably tried an abundance of relief products.
Sadly, many of these do not work well.
In addition, many of us are weary of prescription pain medication because of the side effects, potential for addiction, etc. Even nonprescription pain medication comes with its fair share of dangerous effects. Because of this, I was intrigued and somewhat standoffish when first contacted by Quell about their drug-free pain relief technology.
Honestly, I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I’ve been let down a lot by products and medications since my diagnosis. Yet, after reading about Quell’s technology and the percentage of people who were actually seeing results, I became very excited.
Quell – What is it?
To begin, Quell is wearable technology. Upon purchasing the item, you are sent a box that contains the wearable strap – which will be worn around your calf after you snap in the electrode. A perk about wearing Quell is it can easily be hidden by a pair of pants, dress, etc. So, how does it work exactly?
Quell stimulates sensory nerves, which are in abundance in the area where you place the
strap ———> Then, your sensory nerves carry neural pulses to your brain ———> These neural pulses then activate your body’s natural pain relieving response by blocking pain signals.
The result? Less pain felt throughout the body.
(Add a Quell Travel Bag to your Starter Kit order at store.quellrelief.com and enter code LUPUSCHICK at checkout and your travel bag will be free ($19.95 value)! Offer expires June 30, 2017.)
So, would it actually work for me?
After reading the material that came in the Quell box, I decided to go ahead and download the optional app that corresponds with your personal Quell device. There are a few reasons I would suggest you download the app:
- First, you will have to calibrate your device to make sure you are receiving a comfortable amount of therapy. You will feel something I can only describe as vibration-like, but if it is uncomfortable then you need to adjust it.
- Second, you can start and stop the device, and also customize and control the therapy you receive.
- The app is great if you are someone like me who enjoys keeping track of your health treatments and being able to decide over time if the therapy is working.
- All of this being said, you can control these things directly from the device but if you are techie, download the app!
I will admit, I was a little nervous when I first started using the device – but I am nervous with most new treatments.
To my delight, I started to feel a difference within the first hour. To date, nothing has taken away my pain 100% but Quell absolutely brought it down a few levels – to the point where I can get back to my life and the things I need to do without being distracted. This can be a life changer for people with chronic illness because we either miss out on aspects of life completely because of pain, or we struggle through parts of our life and can’t even enjoy them because of it.
In closing, I believe Quell is a vital tool to add to your chronic illness toolbox because of its positive effects it can have on pain.
A few things I want to point out about Quell if you are considering trying it:
- you can literally wear Quell 24 hours a day, which is an amazing bonus for those of us who need some type of pain relief in order to sleep better.
- There is a 60-day money back guarantee
- The app is available for iPhone and Android
- The only cost out of pocket after purchasing the device ($249) is for the electrodes which need to be replaced regularly.
- There is great research behind the product. Studies on Quell show 81% of people report improvement in their chronic pain after using it. And, 67% reduced their pain medication!
I reached out to Quell to see if they could offer my amazing LupusChicks any special package if they order a device, and they were kind enough to offer a handy travel bag for anyone who orders the device.
Add a Quell Travel Bag to your Starter Kit order at store.quellrelief.com and enter code LUPUSCHICK at checkout and your travel bag will be free ($19.95 value)! Offer expires June 30, 2017.
If you decide to try this innovative device, I’d love to hear about your experience. Also, be sure to let me know if you have questions. If I do not have the answer, I will reach out directly to the company!
Thanks to Quell’s technology, we can have one more thing in our arsenal to help us live happier, more productive lives with chronic illness!